We provide a trade waste collection service for local businesses, collecting the waste from commercial and business properties. Several different size containers are available to suit the amount of waste generated. These waste containers range in size from a 120/140 litre wheeled bin to a 1,100 litre container.
The collection service is usually weekly, for which there is an annual charge. We also carry out a one-off collections if required. For details on our current charges for commercial waste collections please contact us on 0845 129 77 77 or 01298 28423.
There is a delivery charge for new customers.
There is an additional charge for locks suitable for 660L and 1100L bins.
To ensure that your trade bin is emptied please ensure that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Upon collection the lid must be shut and all waste safely enclosed in the bin. If you find that you cannot adequately contain the waste in the container provided you may need a larger or an extra bin.
- High Peak Borough Council have a policy of no side waste therefore only waste contained in the closed container will be collected.
- Please do not put soil, concrete, stone or large pieces of metal in the bins as this could cause damage to the mechanism on the refuse collection vehicle.
- Waste oil should not be placed in the bin. There are companies locally who offer recycling of waste oils. If you are unsure about what can and cannot be put into the bin please call for advice on 0845 129 77 77 or 01298 28423.
- Bins should be accessible from 6am on the day of collection, please note that we work as normal on Bank Holidays the only exception being Christmas Day and New Years Day during which time alternative arrangements will be made.
If your waste is classified as Special Waste, the Council is not licensed to deal with it, as it is hazardous and difficult to handle. Examples of special waste include asbestos, acids, oils, paint, car batteries, solvents, etc. If you have this type of waste you will need to contact a firm licensed to dealwith it. Netregs, which is part of the Environment Agency, has set up a Waste Directory to help small businesses locate their nearest location to recycle a wide variety of different wastes. Derbyshire County Council has advice and tips on waste management and the recycling facilities available for businesses.
Charges vary dependant upon the nature of the business:
Standard Business Charges - This includes National Charities.
No Tip Charges - For business such as Residential & Nursing Homes, Universities & Hospitals.
We will collect from Local Charities free of charge however National Charities pay the Standard Trade Waste fees.
For futher information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website. Alternativeley please telephone 01298 28423.
Last updated: 2nd April 2013