Licences are required for taxis, sale of alcohol, late night refreshment, regulated entertainment and lotteries, and to regulate a range of commercial and non-commercial activities, including pet shops, street trading, charitable collections and much more. If you propose to open a new business or arrange any fund raising event, it is always best to check if any licence or permission is required.

Licence register and current applications

View a register of licences that have been granted.

Licensing Act 2003

Information on the sale of alcohol, providing regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshments.

Taxi licensing

All you need to know about taxi licences, fees and charges and how to apply.

Street collection licence

To collect money or sell articles for the benefit of charitable or other purposes you require a street collection licence from the council.

Business/licensing contact form

Business & Licensing contact form

Please use this form to make a general enquiry about business, business rates and licensing.

Temporary event notice

Authorises the premises user to conduct one or more licensable activities at premises for no more than 96 hours.

Street trading consent

Street trading means the selling, exposing or offering for sale any article in a street.

Other licences

Information on other licences that includes animal boarding, camp sites, house to house collections, pet shops, and scrap metal dealers.

Gambling Act 2005

The Gambling Act 2005 contains a new regulatory system to govern the provision of all gambling in Great Britain.

Last updated: 10th March 2015

Can't find what you are looking for? Try the A to Z