A number of commercial and community led networks operate across the High Peak to support local businesses. These networking groups meet regularly throughout the district.
They provide local business people - especially those from small and medium sized enterprises - with the opportunity to meet one another to network, inter-trade (business to business –or B2B) and listen to a variety of guest speakers or raise common issues.
- 4Networking is a national networking organisation which hosts more than 250 fortnightly meetings across the country including in Glossop and Buxton It aims to be 50% social and 50% business and could be a useful way to showcase your B2B products and services to a large network via website. 4Networking has a membership fee. Glossop events are held every fortnight at the Glossop Rugby Club on Wednesdays 8am – 10am. Buxton events are held every fortnight at the Buxton and High Peak Golf Club on Fridays 8am-10am.
- Business Peak District has been set up by local businesses who are keen to promote the Peak District as a place to do business and links to local authorities and the Local Economic Partnership.
- Chapel Business Association This networking group of primarily retailers supports Christmas lights and decorations, May Day events and other town happenings. For further information, contact Parish Council on 01298 813320 or email@example.com
- Derbyshire & Nottingham Chamber of Commerce (DNCC) host a range of networking and B2B meetings across their two counties. The DNCC website includes details of local and county wide events.
- Glossop Business Network & Glossop Women’s Networking Networking events for small and medium sized businesses located in the Glossop area. They meet twice a month – a breakfast networking group and a lunch networking group. There is also a separate Business Women’s networking group. For details of future meetings: Visit their website, Contact Barbara on 07764 821521 Email Info@glossopbusinessnetwork.co.uk
- High Peak Business Network is an informal networking group that usally meet once a month at different locations in the High Peak area. All network events are held in an evening from 5.30pm-7.30pm. The format of each event allows members plenty of time for informal discussion, plus the opportunity to make a one minute presentation about their own business. If you would like to host an event, become a member or find details of forthcoming events please: Visit the website Call Helen on 01457 857111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MBCnetworking is a Business Networking and support group established in 2012 that meets in The Old Hall Hotel Buxton on the first Wednesday of each month from 5.30-7.30pm. There is no joining fee and meetings are £5. Also welcome to join Linkedin page or follow on twitter@MBCnetworking.
- New Mills Business Network A free networking group hosted by New Mills school each month with speakers often business consultants. Further details can be obtained from the New Mills Business Network website or by contacting Christine Barker on 01663 743284, or email email@example.com
- Vision Buxton Networking group which meets monthly to discuss range of issues. Meetings often have speakers. The Vision Buxton website offers information on events., resources and tools for its members and to those interested in becoming a part of the town.
Last updated: 5th February 2013