Pay your housing rent

Pay your rent online

Click here to pay your housing rent

Other ways to pay

Direct Debit:  You can pay your rent directly to us from your current bank or building society account.  We recommend you pay by this method because it is safe and easy.  You can print off and complete the form at the bottom of this page.  Further details and application forms are also available from all our receptions or by calling the Rents Team on 0345 129 8075.

Standing Order:  You can also arrange to have your rent paid by Standing Order from your bank or building society account. Our standing order bank details are as follows:
National Westminster plc
Branch: 2 Spring Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire
Sort Code: 60-04-18
For the credit of: High Peak Borough Council
Account No: 10567828
You will also also need to quote your rent account reference number.

Over the Telephone:  You can use major debit/credit cards to make a payment over the phone on 0345 129 8117.  Have your rent account number and card details ready when you ring. Please note that we will not accept payments of less than £100 if you are paying by credit card.

At council offices:  You can pay by major debit/credit card over the counter at the council offices in Glossop and Buxton.

By post:  Cheques should be made payable to "High Peak Borough Council" and posted to High Peak Borough Council, Admail 3843, Buxton, SK17 6WD.  Your full name, address and rent account number should be written on the back of all cheques and postal orders.

Allpay:  Your Allpay card can be used to make payments at any Post Office or retail outlet displaying the PAYzone symbol.  To make a payment simply present your Allpay card together with your cash or cheque.  Click here to see where your nearest allpay point is or download the information sheet at the end of this page.

Click here to order a payment card

Paying your rent on time

When you move into your new home your rent is due every Monday, unless you have contacted us to agree a different way of paying. We will send you a letter when we offered you your home which tells you how much the rent is.

It is important that you pay your rent on time.  If for any reason you miss a payment, you must bring your account up to date as soon as possible. If you have any difficulty paying your rent, please contact us immediately so that we can help you.

We will be able to give you advice about any benefits that you may be entitled to claim.  We can also put you in touch with other agencies that may be able to help you, such as the Citizen’s Advice Bureau.

Service charges

You may also pay service changes, if you benefit from extra services, such as heating and electric.  If you receive additional services, you will pay these with your rent every Monday. A breakdown of service charges is given when you accept a home and in the notice we send you every April regarding your rent increase.

Can I get help?

If you are on a low income you may be able to get help with your rent by making a claim for Housing Benefit.  You may also be able to claim an allowance if you have a support need  for any support services you receive.

For further advice, speak to the rents team or contact the Revenues and Benefits Service on 0345 129 7777.

Last updated: 29th July 2015

Can't find what you are looking for? Try the A to Z