Private Housing

More information on private rented property disrepair,  grant assistance, advice on dealing with empty properties in the area and the Council's Landlord Accreditation Scheme.

Houses in multiple occupation

Many people live in properties that are converted into flats, bedsits or shared houses. These are known as Houses in Multiple Occupation.

Report a private housing disrepair

Use this online form to report a private housing disrepair.

Grant and other household assistance

Grant information on disabled facilities, renovation, improving energy efficiency and funding through the Landlord Accrediation Scheme.

Empty properties

We have legal powers to deal with long-term empty homes, which we can use if owners do not make arrangements to reoccupy the property.

Landlord Accreditation Scheme

Find out more about the council’s approved Landlord Accreditation Scheme.

Last updated: 13th March 2015

Can't find what you are looking for? Try the A to Z