Local Plan options consultation 2012
The Local Plan options consultation took place during Thursday 13 September to Thursday 25 October 2012.
Feedback received from the Local Plan options consultation is summarised and presented in the two documents listed at the end of this page:
The documents are:
- Report of feedback from drop-in events
- Options consultation - summary of responses
Last year's consultation sought local peoples' views on options for a number of key issues for the Local Plan:
- Housing requirements – How many new homes should be provided across High Peak up to the year 2028?
- Sub area housing requirements – How should the new homes be distributed around each of the three sub areas of Glossopdale, the Central Area and Buxton?
- Potential housing development sites – Which of the housing site options should be identified in the new Local Plan for new housing?
- Other development issues - Where should new businesses be located? Which areas should be identified for leisure or recreation or be protected from development? How should we plan for key sites and town centres?
- Possible changes to policies
Where to see the documents
The 2012 consultation documents are at the bottom of this page and are also available:
- On line consultation portal
- Council Offices
- Local Libraries at Glossop, Gamesley, Hadfield, Hayfield, New Mills, Whaley Bridge, Chapel-en-el-frith and Buxton
The consultation was supported by a number of other documents that have helped to shape the options. They included:
- Derbyshire Dales and High Peak Housing Target Options Paper
- Strategic Housing Land Availability Assessment (SHLAA)
- Sustainabilty Appraisal Scoping Report
- Infrastructure appraisals
- Household and population forecasts
- Peak Sub-Region Employment Land Review
- Peak Sub-Region Retail and Town Centre Study
2012 Consultation Documents
Last updated: 8th May 2013