Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Regularisation Applications

It has become very difficult to sell a house that has had alterations or extensions undertaken without building regulations approval.

Problems occur when the vendor cannot supply the purchaser with the appropriate Approval Notice and/or Completion Certificate. This calls into question the quality of building construction and the structural integrity of the work.

However, you can now apply to Building Control for a Regularisation Certificate for work carried out after 11th November 1985 which will assist this, but you need to be aware that a fee is payable to the council and breaches to the building regulations may need to be rectified.  The works will need to comply with the Building Regulations in force at the time the works were carried out and it may be necessary to open up some of the works to prove compliance.

The appropriate charge is dependent upon the type of work proposed. No VAT is payable on regularisation works.

Following submission of you application the Building Control Service will advise on the fee payable.