Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Residents support

During the Coronavirus pandemic any vulnerable resident who needs support with food, household essentials or prescriptions can call the Council for advice on 0345 129 7777.

From 29 March up to two households OR a maximum of six people can meet outdoors. People still need to follow the guidance regarding social distancing and remember hands - face - space - fresh air. 

Find out more on the guidance online via

Travelling guide for the general public has published a guide to help you understand how to travel safely during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. It provides guidance for walking, cycling, using private vehicles (for example cars and vans), and travelling by taxis and public transport.

You should avoid using public transport where possible. Instead try to walk, cycle, or drive.

Benefits, Rent and Council Tax

If you are struggling to pay your bills during this uncertain time you might be able to get some help.

We've created a section on our website full of useful information to help residents financially.

Advice for Employees

For the latest information from the government for employees please check this out 

Coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and self employed

We've also created an area with lots of information to help employees including where to download the NHS self isolating note, all about furloughed workers and where you can find key worker information.

Financial support will be provided to self-employed workers through the 'Self-Employed Income Support Scheme'.


Advice for vulnerable people

If you have received one of the 1.5 million letters distributed by the NHS to classify you as "extremely vulnerable" please follow the advice in the letter and either call 0800 0288327 or register on-line at

If you have not yet registered for support please make sure you do. We can help you to register if you are having difficulty by calling 0345 129 7777.

We have more advice online for those who have been classed as vulnerable and that need to shield.

Community Response Unit

DCC have launched a Community Response Unit for members of the community that require assistance and don't have friends or family able to help or those that wish to volunteer.

High Peak CVS have also been trying to collate the numerous services/community groups/initiatives that are available to people during the COVID-19 situation so that we can all easily support and refer as appropriate. This is by no means an easy task, they have put together information on their website for public information

Advice for volunteers

The single most important action we can all take, in fighting Coronavirus, is to stay at home in order to protect the NHS and save lives.

Full guidance on staying at home and away from others can be found on

However if you need to help others please make sure you are staying safe and following the governments guidance which can be found on their website.

Mental and Physical Wellbeing

Mental Healthcare Derbyshire have set a helpline to support people who are having mental health issues. You don't need to be known to services and it's running from 9am - midnight. Call 03007900596 and check out their website for more information

Looking after our mental and physical health is really important. As a result we've put together a web page to collate helpful advice, links and information to help you look after yourself.


Coronavirus Support Groups Map

We've created a map for people to use which shows the nearest support group to your address. Simply put your address in the box and select it from the list. Once you do this it will automatically show you the three closest groups to your location.

If you need help with this please call 0345 129 7777.

*Please note this map is updated as soon as possible. However we are not responsible for the information displayed on the individual groups websites and social media profiles.

Citizens Advice Derbyshire Districts

Citizens Advice Derbyshire Districts has announced that face-to-face advice services will be suspended for the foreseeable future.

There are a number of ways people can continue to get advice during this time.

  • General advice will be given via the Advice line which people can reach by calling 0300 456 8390. This is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.
  • Anyone seeking to make a new claim for Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to claim line on 0800 1448444.

You can also find help on their website