Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Council Tax Discounts

In some cases, you might be entitled to a council tax discount or exemption.

Who can apply

You may be able to apply for a discount if you:

  • are a student
  • are the only adult living in a property
  • are disabled and have adapted your home
  • own an empty property that you are not living in
  • have moved away to provide or receive care

The above list is not a complete list of all discounts and exemptions available.

To apply for a discount, and for further information, visit our Council Tax pages.