Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Check if you're entitled to Council Tax Reduction

Council Tax Reduction claims

You may be entitled to help towards your council tax under certain circumstances.

To find out if you are entitled to claim, and how much you're likely to receive, use the online benefits calculator on the GOV.UK website.

If you're claiming Universal Credit

You will still need to make a separate application for Council Tax Reduction if you are claiming, or in the process of making a claim for Universal Credit.

Housing Benefit

If you are thinking of applying for Housing Benefit, you can apply for Council Tax Reduction using the same application form.

Need help?

If you need help with the calculator, and would like someone to go through this with you, contact High Peak Citizens Advice. They will be able to offer you an appointment at one of their offices in Buxton, Glossop or New Mills.