Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Someone is moving into / out of my property

If someone has moved into, or out of your property you will need to tell us.

This means that we can:

  • award or remove a discount or exemption
  • recalculate your bill

The best way to report a change to us is through our High Peak 'My Account' service. Registration is easy and will allow you to view all future bills and documents online; simply click on the button below. If you already have an account with us, you can also log in here. Once registered, go to the 'Submit a request' area and complete the 'Council Tax - someone is moving in with me / moving out' form.

To report a change without an account, click on the button below. Please note that you won't be able to view bills online if you choose this method.  

Registering to vote

Anyone that moves house needs to register to vote at their new address. Every person in the household must do this using the GOV.UK website.

If you don't do this, you won't be put onto the Electoral register at your new address, and won't be able to vote in upcoming elections.