Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Environmental Permits and Consultations

Environmental Permit and Substantial Permit Variations Application Consultations

Your local authority must by law regulate certain types of factory and other activities to reduce any pollution they may cause and, in particular, to help improve air quality. Businesses which operate these premises must have an Environmental Permit.

Local authorities decide whether to give a permit. If they do so, they must write down how the pollution is to be minimised.

In the law, the local authority controlled premises are known as "installations". Some are called 'Part B', and local authorities can only deal with air pollution from them. Others are part A2 installations where many different sorts of pollution are controlled.

Much of the information about permits must be put on a public register. Anyone can ask their authority to see it. The public must also be consulted in various circumstances on Environmental Permit Applications and Substantial Variations.

Current Consultations

There are currently no consultations.