Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Council housing


Our latest Housing Newsletter is now available - please click on the PDF link below to view it.

Housing newsletter Christmas 23 [4MB]

Information on council properties, how to apply for one, paying your rent and reporting a repair.

Council Housing Surveys

We will soon need to access to your home to enable a High Peak Borough Council appointed Surveyor to carry out internal surveys. It is very important that you let us into your home to conduct this inspection.

We're carrying these surveys so that we can update the records we hold on your home and identify any items that may need replacing or upgrading in the coming years. This vital information will then be used to inform future investment programmes.

Over the next 2-3 weeks, one of our surveyors will be either contacting you by telephone to arrange an appointment, or if they are unable to reach you by telephone and they are in the area, they may knock on your door. 

Alternatively you can use our online appointment portal so that you can arrange a time and date convenient for you. You can also email us on to request a call back.

We will not necessarily be calling at your home if we believe that the current information we hold is still relevant, but please try to make yourself available should you receive contact from our surveyors.

Find a home

Information on how to register with Home Options, the applications process and where to go for further advice.

Mutual Exchange

Mutual exchanges can often be a quicker way of moving to a new home

Report a repair

How to report non-emergency and emergency housing repairs and who to contact

Pay your rent

Online payments, Direct Debit and others ways to pay your rent.

Gas Safety

What to do if you smell gas and the annual gas safety check process explained

Adapting your home

Adaptations may allow our tenants to remain living independently in their homes for longer.

Buying your council house

If you have been a council tenant for more than 3 years you may be entitled to buy your council house.

Report a council tenant noise complaint

Information on how to report a noise complaint about a council tenant

Selling your ex council house

If you have bought your home under the 'Right to Buy' scheme less than 10 years ago, you must first offer it to either ourselves or another social landlord in the area

Housing Property Services

Changes to the delivery of property services to our housing