Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Green Homes Grant Voucher Scheme (GAG)

Green Homes Grant (GHG) is a government funded scheme that can help eligible households towards the cost of installing energy efficient and low-carbon heating improvements in the home; such as, loft, wall and floor insulation and low-carbon heating systems (funding is not available for gas or oil heating systems).

If you already have at least one of these 'primary' improvements you can also use the grant for 'secondary' items such as double glazing, as long as it costs no more than you have spent on the 'primary' improvement.

Apply for a voucher

For most people, the vouchers will be worth about two-thirds of the cost of the work, up to a maximum of £5,000 per household. So, if you have work done which costs £4,500, you will receive a voucher for £3,015 towards the bill. However, if you receive one of the qualifying benefits you could claim a voucher to cover all of the cost of the work, up to £10,000.

Only government approved traders can do this work and you won't be able to apply for a grant unless you get a quote from one of them.

First you need to check your eligibility, see what improvements could be made to your home, and find a list of approved traders to choose from Simple Energy Advice.

Once you have checked your eligibility you can then apply online (as long as you are eligiable) at Green Home Grant Service.

For more information, to check eligibility and to apply for a voucher, please go to the Simple Green Energy homepage.

You can get help with your application from the government's Simple Energy Advice Service by calling 0800444202.

Protect yourself

Remember the only way to apply for a grant is through the government website. Traders cannot do this for you and must not ask for any upfront payment. The best advice from our local Trading Standards is never respond to cold calling, either on the phone or at the door. If you are interested in a grant it's much better to find out about it yourself.

*High Peak Borough Council does not have the facility to take or make applications. You can apply for a voucher by visiting Green Home Grant Service online.