Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site


Premises with poorly ventilated areas are more likely to have radon problems.  The only way to be sure is to have a test.

How to test

Most tests are carried out by Public Health England'sRadon measurement service

You can order aRadon address search which will tell you the probability that an address is above the 'action level' for radon. The report will tell you the risk of the address having a high level of radon, NOT the level of radon at the address.

Workplace Measurement Pack's are also available from Public Health England. Radon detectors are included in the packs, which can only be used in the address they were ordered for.

Taking action

If a radon level in any part of a workplace exceeds 400 Becquerels per cubic metre (Bq m-3), the Regulations covering ionising radiations apply. The employer is then obliged to take action. Radon measurement reports from Public Health England include advice to guide employers on the actions they can take to protect staff.

Read more about radon on the Public Health England website.