Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Freedom of Information Requests

The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act requires all public authorities, including councils, to be open and transparent with information.

We publish a large amount of information on the website, which is readily available to view and download.

Before you start

We produce a Publication Scheme, which outlines the information that can be made available to you. We add to this regularly, and use a disclosure log to publish many of our previous FOI responses.

Making a request

If you can't find the information that you're looking for online, you can submit a Freedom of Information request. Please provide a full description of the information you require and be as specific as you can. If your request is too broad, we might ask you to clarify it; meaning it could take longer to get the information.

You can also write in to us, but this may take longer to process:

Information Officer
High Peak Borough Council
Town Hall
SK17 6EL

What we can't give you

We can refuse a request under the following circumstances:

  • it would cost too much or take too much staff time to deal with the request
  • the request is vexatious
  • the request repeats a previous request from the same person
  • personal information referring to staff or members of the public

The Freedom of Information Act also contains a number of exemptions that allow us to withhold information in certain circumstances. We will let you know if your request can't be actioned for this reason.


Access to information that is on the website is free. There may be charges for information that takes more time to access, and you may be charged for printing and photocopying if we have to send hard copies to you.

Our response

We will respond to all requests within 20 working days.

If you are dissatisfied

If you find the information that you receive is not what you want, please contact us in the first instance. If the information you've requested is not available, you'll be provided with reasons for this.

If you feel that we've failed to supply a satisfactory reason for not providing what you want, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.


Information Commissioner
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

FOI complaints procedure [28KB]