Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

I want to sell my property - will you buy it back from me?

If you have bought your home under the 'Right to Buy' scheme less than 10 years ago, you must first offer it to either ourselves or another social landlord in the area

We will consider if we would like to re-purchase the property from you at the current market value - this can save you estate agent and other costs. The process is often swifter because we have our own surveying and legal teams. We will let you have a decision within 4 weeks of your initial enquiry - often much sooner

Before contacting us ...

If you are wanting to enquire about selling your ex-council house back to us you need to be aware that if you purchased it less than 5 years ago you will need to repay a portion of the discount.

You'll have to pay back all of the discount if you sell within the first year. After that, the total amount you pay back reduces to:

  • 80% of the discount in the second year
  • 60% of the discount in the third year
  • 40% of the discount in the fourth year
  • 20% of the discount in the fifth year

The amount you pay back depends on the value of your home when you sell it.

Further information can be found at:- Right to Buy: buying your council home: Selling your home - GOV.UK (