Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Pay your rent

Online payments, Direct Debit and others ways to pay your rent.

Your rent is due in advance on the Monday of each week. We encourage tenants to build up a credit equal to 1 month's rent to cover them in case of any changes in circumstances such as moving onto Universal Credit.


Direct Debit

How to set up a Direct Debit with us.

You'll need:

  • bank or building society name and address
  • bank or building society account number
  • name of the account holder
  • branch sort code

Fill out our Rent Direct Debit instruction [65KB]   and post it to the address on the form.

Standing order

You can also arrange to have your rent paid by standing order from your bank or building society account.

Our standing order bank details are as follows:

National Westminster Plc
Branch:  2 Spring Gardens, Buxton, Derbyshire
Sort code: 60-04-18
For the credit of: High Peak Borough Council
Account number: 10567828

You will also need to quote your rent account reference number.

Over the telephone

You can use major debit/credit cards to make a payment over the phone on 0300 456 0625. Have your rent account number and card details ready when you ring. Please note that we will not accept payments of less than £100 if you are paying by credit card.

At council offices

You can pay by major debit/credit card's via the Self Serve PC at our Receptions.


Your Allpay card can be used to make payments at any Post Office or retail outlet displaying the Paypoint symbol. To make a payment simply present your Allpay card together with your cash or bank card.

Paying your rent on time

It is important that you pay your rent on time each Monday. If you are going to be late paying, please contact us to let us know (unless other arrangements have been made). If for any reason you miss a payment, you must bring your account up to date as soon as possible. If you have any difficulty paying your rent, please contact us immediately so that we can help you.

We will be able to give you advice about any benefits that you may be entitled to claim. We can also put you in touch with other agencies that may be able to help you, such as the Citizen's Advice Bureau.

Service charges

You may also pay service changes, if you benefit from extra services, such as heating and electric. If you receive additional services, you will pay these with your rent every Monday. A breakdown of service charges is given when you accept a home and in the notice we send you every April regarding your rent increase. 

Find out more information on service charges. [194KB]

Can I get help?

If you are on a low income you may be able to get help with your rent by making a claim for Housing Benefit or housing costs through universal credit depending on your circumstances.

Before you make a claim for housing benefit or universal credit, you should contact the DWP on tel: 0800 328 5644 or visit  to find out which benefit you will be better off claiming.

If you are pensionable age or have more than 2 children you can claim housing benefit by clicking the link  making a claim for Housing Benefit. You may also be able to claim an allowance if you have a need for any support services you receive.

If you (or your partner) are working age with 2 or less children you can claim help towards housing costs through Universal Credit by clicking the link