Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Report a repair

How to report non-emergency and emergency housing repairs and who to contact.

As tenants of a property owned by the council you have certain responsibilities for some repairs around the home yourself.

Non-emergency repairs

Please DO NOT use the following forms to report an emergency repair.

If your emergency is life threatening you should call 999.

Emergency repairs

Report an Emergency repair by calling 0800 030 8666.

If your emergency is life threatening you should call the emergency services on 999

Other ways to report a repair

  • Telephone: 0800 030 8666 (9am -5pm Monday to Thursday, 9am - 4.30 Friday)
  • Out of Hours - Emergency Repairs: 0800 030 8666

What happens when you report a repair?

Repairs are prioritised according to the type of work that is needed:

  • priority 1 - emergency repair within 24 hours
  • priority 2 - urgent repair within 7 days
  • priority 3 - non urgent repair within 3 calendar weeks
  • priority 4 - planned repairs within 16 calendar weeks

You will be offered an appointment and can choose from four appointment slots - all day, morning, afternoon or avoid school run (10am to 2pm)  

If you fail to keep your appointment we may charge you the full cost and cancel the appointment.

In some cases we may need to inspect a fault you have reported. If this is the case we will make an appointment with you for either a trades person or a surveyor to call and inspect the problem and if any work is required we will notify you when this work will be carried out.

Damp, Condensation and Mould

Condensation is probably the biggest cause of damp in homes. A lot of information and advice is included in this download booklet [895KB]  to help tenants identify and reduce condensation as well treating the mould growth often associated with it.

Tenant Alterations

We know that many people like to make alterations and improvements to their homes to suit the needs of their household that we can't fund. So that we can ensure that these improvements don't cause problems in the future, we do ask you to get written permission before.