Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Report a change in tenancy (landlords)

If you are a landlord, you must let us know if a tenant moves in or out of a property that you own. They will usually be liable to pay council tax unless you have made other arrangements with them.

Once you've completed the form, we will send a bill to whoever becomes liable for the property. If the property is now empty, you may be entitled to apply for a council tax exemption for up to 3 months.

If you have a new tenant that is planning on claiming housing benefit, visit our Landlords page to find out about how we pay benefit, what we can share with you and what to do if your tenant has a change in their circumstances.