Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Business Support

If you are a commercial tenant of the council and are struggling to pay your rent, please contact our Land and Commercial Team by sending your contact information to  and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Business support and advice

Below you can find links to lots of information on help and support for businesses during these uncertain times.

This information is subject to change - to receive updates please sign up for our business newsletter 

Financial Help

Visit our Business Financial Support page for schemes administered by the Council.

    Licensed Premises (Pubs, Bars and Restaurants)

    The Government has confirmed that the UK will move into Step 4 of the relaxation of coronavirus restrictions from 19th July 2021. Useful guidance on what this means for licensed premises can be found below.

    Further Support

    The national government guidance lists appropriate working safely measures for different types of business.

    If you need assistance navigating the requirements for your individual business circumstance the D2N2 Growth Hub may be able to help - call 0333 006 9178 or email

    Help on risk assessments can be found on the Health and Safety Executive website.

    Guidance and useful links

    Health and Safety Executive Guidance on working safely during the coronavirus outbreak covers a wide range of information, applicable for all businesses. This resource also gives advice on how to talk to employees about working safely during the pandemic.

    If your premises have been physically closed or under used it is important to manage legionella.

    All food and drink business operators MUST register their premises with us by law. This includes businesses operating from home, a mobile unit or a temporary premises such as a stall or van.

    You should also be checking for any pests (especially if your business has been closed for some time).  If you find any, the council can help you to get rid of them - please see our Pest Control page for more details.

    The Food Standards Agency also offers useful resources below:

    Updates and Information

    Coronavirus Support for Sports Clubs

    Small grants for businesses that are liable for business rates may be available to support some clubs in the High Peak.  

    Additional Support for sports clubs and organisations

    • Club Matters - provides lots of guidance for sports clubs through the current crisis. Templates and guidance include topics such as; emergency financial planning, securing your premises, understanding financial support available, running virtual meetings and making the most of social media channels are available.
    • Further advice and guidance is also available from Active Derbyshire

    For further support or guidance please contact;