Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Grants to help make High Peak homes warmer

Published on 5 December

As energy price rises take effect, grant-funded schemes to help home owners and private renters improve energy efficiency and reduce bills are available in the High Peak.

The Borough Council is working in partnership with Marches Energy Agency and E'on on a scheme to upgrade the energy efficiency of privately-owned homes.

The grants are for houses with poor energy performance and can be used to fund loft or cavity wall insulations, solar panels, air source heat pumps and other measures to improve energy efficiency.

The funding is for people who own or privately rent their home and who have an income of up to £31,000. Privately rented homes will also require the consent of, and a financial contribution from, the landlord.

Executive Councillor for Housing, Fiona Sloman, said: "These schemes can make a real difference in making our homes warmer and reducing the amount of energy we use which will help bring bills down at a time when so many people are concerned about rising costs.

"Improving the energy efficiency of homes doesn't just impact on our pockets either, it also benefits our health and wellbeing so there is no reason not to take advantage of this grant funding.

"I urge anyone who is eligible to get in touch and let's ensure this help is getting to the people who need it the most."

There's more information, including a link to the online application form, on our website you can call Marches Energy Agency on 0800 677 1332 and select option 2. Funding is limited so please apply early.

If you're not eligible for this grant you can still access free impartial advice from advisors at Warmer Derby and Derbyshire on:

·       energy bills

·       switching tariffs

·       how to make your home more energy efficient

·       how to apply for grants for heating systems and insulations

Call them on 0800 677 1332 or email

The Cost of Living hub on the Council's website includes links to more help and support for people across the High Peak including tips to help you save money and manage debt and how to get help with your rent or council tax if you need it.