Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Private Housing Adaptations

Adaptations may allow residents to remain living independently in their homes for longer.

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you have a disability and need to make changes to stay in your home, you may be eligible for a disabled facilities grant (DFG) to fund alterations to your property to make it easier to live there, and remain as independent as possible.

Adaptations may include:

  • Improving access to rooms and facilities (e.g. stairlifts, through floor lifts, ceiling tracks)
  • Installation of ramps
  • Upgrading, or in certain cases providing, a heating system suitable for your needs
  • Level access shower and bathroom upgrades

And much more...

n-able have partnered with Alliance Norse, which is a partnership between High Peak Borough Council, Staffordshire Moorlands District Council and Norse Commercial Services Ltd. N-Able is wholly owned by local authority and is a trusted provider of stairlifts, mobility equipment, wet rooms and other assistive technology.

Who do I contact to talk about an adaptation?

If you feel that your home needs adapting or you want to enquire about support available please contact Derbyshire County Council Social Services on 01629 533190.

The County Council's Occupational Therapists will advise on the best means of adapting your home to meet your needs, and where you are eligible for grant assistance,, will signpost your case to N-Able who will assist you with your application until completion. For more information, Click here: Disabled Facility Grants

Or if you would like to speak to someone from Alliance Norse: n-able about our services and to hear how we can support you or your loved ones to remain independent in your home, please contact Alliance Norse: n-Able on: Tel: 0300 373 0199 Email:

Alliance-Norse  A) n-able Designed to Support Independent Living