Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Vary or transfer a premise licence

You will need to complete an application form if you need to vary a licence in any way.


You'll need to tell us what is changing. 

Please note that this application can't be used to extend the period for which the licence has effect or to vary substantially the premises which it relates to.

Online application to vary a current premises licence

Online application for a minor variation to a premises licence

Online application to vary a Designated Premises Supervisor

Online application consent to be a designated premises supervisor

Online application to be removed as DPS

Transferring a premises licence

Online application to transfer a current premises licence

Online application consent to transfer a premises licence

Change of name or address

If you've changed your name via marriage or deed poll, this will need to be changed on your licence. You must return your previous licence along with proof of change of name. The fee for this is £10.50.

Online application to notify of change of name or address

Other forms you may need

Online application interim authority notice

Online application notification of interest

Application for a provisional statement to be granted [183KB]

Interim Authority Application - Premises

When the holder of a licence dies suddenly or becomes bankrupt or mentally incapable, an "interim authority" notice may be given to the licensing authority. This must be submitted within seven days of the end of the previous license.

The notice may be given by a person who has an interest in the premises concerned or is connected to the former holder of the premises licence. For the purposes of an Interim Authority a person has a prescribed interest if:

  • the former holder has died and that person is their personal representative
  • the former holder has become mentally incapable and that person acts for him/her under a power of attorney
  • the former holder has become insolvent and that person is his/her insolvency practitioner

Interim Authority application form [190KB]