Show mobile menu
Show search control
Show search control
Search Site

Events in public places

Where can I hold an event?

You can apply to use any of our sites.

The following sites are already licensed for public events

  • Pavilion Gardens, Buxton
  • Slopes and Crescent, Buxton
  • Fairfield Common, Buxton
  • Manor Park, Glossop
  • Norfolk Square, Glossop 
  • Bankswood Park, Hadfield
  • Memorial Park, Whaley Bridge

You may need to apply for a temporary event notice for other sites or if you want to sell alcohol at the above locations.

How much does it cost?

Events in parks - fees for 2018 to 2019 [68KB]

We currently don't charge for community or charity based events but there may still be an admin fee depending on the size of the event and or level of commerciality.

How do I apply?

You need to read and sign the  terms and conditions [159KB] , complete an event application form [214KB]  and return them together with an  event risk assessment [25KB]  and proof of your public liability insurance.

All the forms are available to download and you can return them by email.

Bookings are accepted on a first come first serve basis, subject to availability and the suitability of the event.