Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Report pot holes or road problems

Derbyshire county council is responsible for traffic and maintenance of the roads of Derbyshire with the exception of roads in Derby City, trunk roads, and motorways. 

Reporting road faults and pot holes

Please make sure you provide as much information to the County Council as possible to help them deal with the problem when reporting a problem to them.

Skips on the road or highway

You need to get a permit from DCC before you place a skip on the road.

More on how to apply for a permit.


To find out about current roadworks you can use and simply search for a road name to bring up all the details available including who is responsible and how long it is anticipated they will be there for.

Winter weather

In heavy snow and freezing conditions the county council is also responsible for ensuring that the roads in the county are safe to travel on. Their main focus is keeping primary and secondary routes open but they also work with farmers and external contractors to clear snow from some roads which aren't on these routes.

To request a road to be gritted or grit bin to be filled visit their website.