Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Charity street collections

Restrictions, exemptions and how to apply for a street collection licence.


If you want to collect money or sell items on the street for charity, you will need to apply for a street collection licence.

Read a summary of the regulations relating to this licence. [29KB]


Only one organisation can be permitted to collect in any town or village at any one time, please contact our licensing department to check availabilty. You will not require a street collection permit if you are collecting on private property ie supermarkets, shopping centres etc but you will require permission from the land owner or premises.

How to apply

Street collection licence online application

There is no fee.

You'll also need to complete and return the financial statement below within one month of any collection. If this is not submitted this may effect any future permits you apply for.

Financial statement for charity collections [21KB]