Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

What are my rights?

First and foremost, you have the right of 'quiet enjoyment' of the flat for the term of the lease. This right is implied by law, even if it is not set out in the lease. 'Quiet enjoyment' means the right to reside in the premises without unreasonable interference from High Peak Borough Council.

In addition, you have the right to expect High Peak Borough Council to maintain and repair the building and manage the common parts (which you pay towards through your service charges). Common parts are the parts of the building or grounds not specifically granted to you in the lease but to which there are rights of access, for example, the entrance hall and staircases, grounds, car parks etc.