Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

What if I don't agree with the service charge?

If you have a dispute or query in relation to your service charge the first step should be to ask High Peak Borough Council for full details and/or an explanation. The council will look into your dispute/query and provide you with the information required. Following this, either your dispute will be upheld, the charges reviewed and an amended invoice/credit note raised or the council will consider, after investigation, that the charge is fair and reasonable and will continue to follow their recovery process in the event of non-payment.

If, after contacting High Peak Borough Council you are still not happy you can apply to the First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) to seek a determination of the liability to pay and reasonableness of the charges, whether already paid or not. Application to the First-Tier Tribunal does not negate your responsibility to pay the charge whilst going through the tribunal process.