Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

Help managing debt

There are a range of organisations that can help you manage debt. 

If you would like to talk to someone about applying for benefits, or helping you out with debt problems, contact High Peak Citizens Advice.

They can give advice online, or can arrange for you to go in and see them at one of their offices in Buxton, Glossop or New Mills.

Other organisations that can help

Debt support trust

A registered national debt advice charity helping people with their debt problems across the UK. They have helped almost 6,000 people manage £100 million worth of unsecured debt.

National Debtline

Free, confidential advice on managing debt problems.

The Money Advice Service

Free and impartial money advice, set up by the Government.

Money Sorted in D2N2

Provides support and personally tailored interventions for people experiencing financial difficulty. Open to people across Derbyshire who are unemployed or economically inactive.

They provide help and advice on all debt solutions including bankruptcy, debt relief orders, debt management plans and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVA's)

Step Change

The UK's leading debt advice charity supplying information on bankruptcy and debt management.

Citizens Advice

Contact your local CAB for advice on welfare benefits, work, consumer rights, relationships and much more.

GOV.UK - Illegal Money Lending

Check if a company is authorised to lend money and report loan sharks anonymously.