Toggle Mobile Menu Visibility
Toggle Search Controls Visibility
Toggle search control visibility
Search Site

People who are disregarded for council tax

Council tax is based on the number of people living in a property. If you're 'disregarded' this means that we don't count you. If you live with someone who isn't counted it may mean that you get a discount on your bill.

People who are disregarded include:

If you are on a low income, claim certain types of benefits or are unable to work, you may be able to claim Council Tax Reduction